August 8, 2014 - Choosing Peace

ACIM Workbook Lesson #220
photo from Arthur Lau-Sed
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #200 “There is no peace except the peace of God.”

Do you ever wonder how to choose peace rather than turmoil and negativity? I've recently found myself being cynical whereas I used to be a Pollyanna. I'm not going to waste time figuring out how this has happened, rather my time will be spent in choosing peace. When we need help, it shows up, and mine did when looking at last year's blog entry where I quoted a statement by Mary Baker Eddy. In it, she tells us the "secret"  of living the Science of the Christ. "It is seeing and hearing and repeating good only, at all times and under all circumstances, and in spite of everything that appears to the contrary." There is more to this statement than this (and it can be found in its entirety on the blog entry for August 6, 2013), but these words are what I will wake up thinking about and bring to mind continually throughout the day. This peace I aspire to is not for a select few, it doesn't run out, it's not difficult to access -- so just say "yes"!

Mary Baker Eddy quotes:
"Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences, by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love."

Science & Health Page 264:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...