Independence: Do I Have It?

"Beaver Bridge"
photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #185
“I want the peace of God.”

On this day of celebrating independence, I pause to examine what self-imposed shackles may still be holding me in bondage. There could be many things which keep me from feeling the peace of God, but I don’t think I’m going to concentrate on those today. All of those fears, worries, habits, and such will fall away when I am single-minded in what I truly want. Do I have goals that I have set for myself, limiting in and of themselves, or am I willing to open myself to Spirit’s guidance? We are told in today’s lesson that if we really, truly want the peace of God, we will have it. I’m happy for the reminder to examine my motives. For instance, why am I writing this right now?? Is it for accolades from others or is it to learn how to be open to and learn from what comes through me? Good question! I hope this recognition will allow me to be willing to examine my actions and words, stepping aside and wanting only Peace. Now there’s something to celebrate!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"A few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipotence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market; but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love is the liberator."

Science & Health Page 225:16-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...