Pink Cows and Silver Pillows

"Andy Warhol Exhibit"
ACIM Workbook Lesson #205
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #185 "I want the peace of God.”

We have the most delightful museum here in northwest Arkansas: Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art! Through it, my consciousness has been expanded in ways I never would have dreamed. Today a friend and I went to see the Andy Warhol special exhibit. We knew little about his art other than that he inundated us with Campbell Soup cans and called it art. Today, I learned a bit more about this interesting man. One thing is that he wanted peace and satisfaction in his life and thought he might achieve that through controlling his art, hence the duplication of images. He also had a lively sense of humor, as shown with this room full of pink cows and floating silver pillows. It brings laughter simply to be in their presence! And he had heart, which he showed in his Endangered Species psychedelic prints. Wow, what a day full of calm and exalted thought!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace."

Science & Health Page 506:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...