Listening and Learning

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #213
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #193 “All things are lessons God would have me learn.”

I think most of us would agree that listening isn't always an easy task. Today I saw an example of a type of listening which is difficult to put into practice. My neighbor has a cat named Wyatt. This pretty feline goes outside regularly and returns when Jane whistles for him, but this afternoon he didn't return when she called. When it was starting to get dark and he still hadn't come home, she told her other cat, Doc, to "go find Wyatt", and then she listened to what Doc had to say. He went to a house up the street where no one lives, a house that is for sale. Doc went to the back door and stood there, looking from it to his person, who then called the realtor who has the house listed for sale. It turns out she had shown the property to a prospective buyer, and she drove back to our street to open the door. Sure enough, there was Wyatt inside the house. What a lovely demonstration of the power we possess when we're willing to listen and learn!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Spiritual sense, contradicting the material senses, involves intuition, hope, faith, understanding, fruition, reality.”
Science & Health Page 298:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...