Whisking Away Unreality

photo courtesy of Alden Stallings
ACIM Workbook Lesson #199
“I am not a body. I am free.”

We have had the privilege of hosting a group of Buddhist monks in our village. They created a beautiful mandala on the top floor of one of our historic hotels. As I always like to look up definitions of words in order to spur inspiration, I looked up the meaning of mandala and found this interesting psychoanalytic slant for the term: “a symbol in a dream, representing the dreamer's search for completeness and self-unity.” How interesting! The recognition that we are not a body and that we’re free dovetails with many aspects of the mandala, so I will ponder them today, reaffirming what my true Self is and whisking away what it is not!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"I am the image and likeness of God; no mortal mind can confine this image in a mortal body, harm or touch it in any way, Mind has set me free from every error. Divine Love fills every avenue, flows through every channel and removes every obstruction."

[This is an excerpt from an article entitled "Body" by Mary Baker Eddy, filed in the Congressional Library, January 19, 1886, found by Lyda Sandifer Hord]


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...