No More Condemnation

photo by Alden Stallings
ACIM Workbook Lesson #228
“God has condemned me not. No more do I."

If I condemn another, I condemn myself — and it happens so easily! When condemning others, I always feel like I've "fallen off the wagon".  I remember a time when I found myself in a conversation wherein I was condemning the motorcycle riders who visit our town, and the woman I was chatting with was blaming another segment of our society for other things. Was my face red when I realized what I was doing! Pointing a finger always leaves three pointing back at myself. To counter these events, I will practice loving actively. Or maybe it's gratitude that triggers a return to Love. Whatever the case, I will hasten to drop inflammatory words and thoughts I sometimes experience. And when they happen, I will choose again!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“Man is the idea of Spirit; he reflects the beatific presence, illuming the universe with light. Man is deathless, spiritual. He is above sin or frailty. He does not cross the barriers of time into the vast forever of Life, but he coexists with God and the universe.” Science & Health Page 266:27-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...