Every Moment a Meditation - August 15, 2015

"Aaron in Sequoia National Park"
ACIM Workbook Lesson #227
“This is my holy instant of release.”

Seeing today’s topic concerning a “holy instant of release” reminded me of a conversation I recently had with an old friend who tells me he is very nervous and anxious. It has gotten to the point where it’s affecting his life and he cannot do the things he enjoys. I recommended yoga and/or tai chi along with mediation of some sort. This led to a discussion of meditation and how he feels he will never be able to do it because his mind is so busy. I assured him it wasn’t necessary to totally stop thought at first, but simply to notice his thoughts as he sits quietly, acknowledging them and releasing them, not allowing one to lead into another until a state of agitation is reached.  Every moment is a holy instant and every thing is a meditation! Every time I have an attack thought and turn it around into a loving, non-judgmental one, I am in meditation. When someone says something which could send me into a tirade of condemnation or defense, but I calmly think and say something like “you may be right”, it’s a holy instant acknowledged. One moment of slipping between the thoughts is “a foretaste of eternity!

Mary Baker Eddy quote: “One moment of divine consciousness, or the spiritual understanding of Life and Love, is a foretaste of eternity.”

Science and Health Page 598:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...