Identical Identities

Courtesy of Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #252
“The Son of God is my Identity."

I find that it’s much easier to see myself as the experience and expression of divine Love than it is to see others as such! I may find myself being glad I’m not like that “Samaritan over there”, or I may think someone’s actions are foolish and unnecessary, or — well, I don’t think I’ll go on with these examples. I’m sure you get where I’m going with this. The secret, if you will, of realizing Oneness is accepting that there is really, truly no difference in anyone who is the idea of divine Mind — and that means you and me and that guy over there, too. I love the picture I’m using today to illustrate these thoughts. It perfectly shows how easy it is to look at another with judgmental eyes and unloving thoughts. If these thoughts try to jump into my head today, I think I’ll just say “no”!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Identity is the reflection of Spirit, the reflection in multifarious forms of the living Principle, Love."

Science & Health Page 472:20-22

4 comments:

  1. That's a perfect quote from Mrs. Eddy Marsha! Thank You. You might be interested in the Guidance Elder Brother gave me on the Lessons. Here's last year's for this Lesson:
    (The Course is in bold, which I see isn't posting.)

    Lesson 252


    The Son of God is my Identity. In other words, the Christ is Be-ing Me. And not just Be-ing Me, but Be-ing We. For there is not – and there can never be – a separation.



    1 My Self is holy beyond all the thoughts of holiness of which I now conceive. How I long to recall My Holiness, My Reality, to be Christ again with You, My Brother. Its shimmering and perfect purity is far more brilliant than is any light that I have ever looked upon. Our Beauty leaves Me overwhelmed with joy. Its love is limitless, with an intensity that holds all things within it in the calm of quiet certainty, Knowing this is Real, and Real about Me, every One of Me, each One of the Son. Its strength comes not from burning impulses which move the world but from the boundless Love of God Himself. How Good, how Real, how Permanent We are! How far beyond this world my Self must be, and yet how near to me and close to God! How ever-present; right where We All are.



    2 Father, You know my true identity. For It’s Part of You. Reveal it now to me who am Your Son (so I’ll remember!), that I may waken to the truth in You – My Identity – and know that Heaven is restored to me. And Mine forever!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And is there a web site where these thoughts may be found?

      Delete
  2. Hi Marsha. Nice to see your project. I spent much of the summer translating from Greek, and editing (merging) the various ethical teachings of Jesus from "the Sermon" (mount, plain, etc) — which is featured at my blog. ~eric.

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...