Stillness and Peace

photo courtesy of Chris Fischer
ACIM Lesson #273
“The stillness of the peace of God is mine.”

I've mentioned before -- actually more than once -- that a neighborhood situation with turkey vultures nesting in our wooded hollow has been a cause for disagreement amongst residents. The issue has raised its head again and I have the choice of being upset or being at peace. When I was first told of the situation, memories of harsh actions flooded back into thought, but by the time a local newspaper asked for my opinion, I was able to accept everything as it is, and recognize that my thought about the matter is the only thing I can change. As this lessons states: “If we give way to a disturbance, let us learn how to dismiss it and return to peace.” It’s nice to know that if I get lost in the insanity, I have the choice of returning to tranquility!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Mind demonstrates omnipresence and omnipotence, but Mind revolves on a spiritual axis, and its power is displayed and its presence felt in eternal stillness and immovable Love.”

From Retrospection and Introspection Page 88-89

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...