A World of Love

photo credit: Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #144 Review of:
#127 "There is no love but God's."
#128 "The world I see holds nothing that I want.”
And the main thought to hold to in this review:
“My mind holds only what I think with God.”

Thinking about love and perception brings to mind the story a friend once told about a relative who had been married seven times. This man seemed to feel he was a  failure at love for having been divorced so many times, so he was very much surprised when an uncle told him it was a wonderful thing! Why would you say that?, everyone wanted to know. The uncle said, How wonderful that seven women have loved you enough to marry you! This is an example of a slight shift in perception making a huge difference to everyone involved, don't you think? Seeing the world through the love of God shows us reality which looks nothing like what we've become accustomed to seeing. A world of judgment and fear is not one which holds an interest for me.  If "my mind holds only what I think with God", that world doesn't exist -- and I see a world of Love.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“God is individual, incorporeal. He is divine Principle, Love, the universal cause, the only creator, and there is no other self-existence.” 

Science & Health Page 331:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...