A Full Life

"14,000 Feet Up"
photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #233 “I give my life to God to guide today."

Live life to the fullest! What exactly does that mean? I remember watching a cooking show where the host, a well-known hedonist, was in Greece. As he is drinking too much and over-eating, he declares that he’s living life to the fullest. His words caused me to think about what a full life is, and upon seeing this topic requesting us to allow divine Mind, God, to guide me today — well, you can imagine how I laughed when I thought of the idea of gluttony being an indication of a full life! I ask myself: Do I value things I have or things I do, or is valuable substance made up of ideas and the purity of my actions when they are led by divine Love? Giving myself to the Unity of All that Is does not limit my actions nor enjoyment of the moment. I feel it intensifies the joy and excitement of living! Being led by Spirit allows me to stop worrying about what my next step will be and relax into a surety that I’ll be in the right place at the right time. What an adventure life is!
Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The power of the human will should be exercised only in subordination to Truth; else it will misguide the judgment and free the lower propensities. It is the province of spiritual sense to govern man.” Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures, Page 206:2-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...