Put Off the Old Man, Put On the New

"John Muir Trail"
photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #219
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #199 “I am not a body. I am free.”

"If you want to change your dog's behavior, you first have to change your belief of what you think is possible." This statement was made by Cesar Milan, a/k/a The Dog Whisperer. I've quoted this mindful man many times in the past, and his words have brought me much guidance and comfort. We, as people, tend to hold on to our learned behaviors, keeping ourselves and our animals stuck in place even if we recognize the need to move upward in thought. Our expectations are powerful hindrances or goals for forward movement. My dog teaches me many things, but the most important is how I sabotage myself with my fixed way of seeing myself and others. Calm, assertive behavior brings an instant karma which shows Truth mirrored forth in both myself and those I see as others!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

"This mortal is put off, and the new man or real man is put on, in proportion as mortals realize the Science of man and seek the true model." Science & Health Page 408:22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...