Saturday, June 17, 2017

Amazing Grace

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #169
“By grace I live. By grace I am released.”

“Grace is acceptance of the Love of God within a world of seeming hate and fear.” [ACIM] In having an anything-goes conversation with a group of friends, it became apparent that we have different ways of talking to people with whom we disagree. In recent months, I have made an extreme effort to listen to others rather than immediately responding with admonitions and corrections of what I deem to be erroneous thought. I’ve written in the past that a favorite statement in such situations is, You may be right about that. This is something I don’t say anymore. Usually in the face of “alternative facts” I will say something like, If that’s true, we need to do something about it. And then I’ll suggest we research the topic and begin a dialogue about it. This has opened up a whole world of communication I would not normally be willing to have. “By grace I live. By grace I am released.” [ACIM] These conversations feel like amazing grace to me!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The miracle of grace is no miracle to Love.” 

Science & Health Page 494:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...