Fairy Tales and Reality

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #162 “I am as God created me."

We all have a purpose. Some of us are sure of it, others feel they’re searching, and some don’t seem to know or care. One thing I know for sure, if we try to be something other than true to ourselves, things turn ugly. I have witnessed that within myself recently. I have espoused something which is not me, and I’m not sure what caused this lapse. But I will know, because I’m asking for this knowledge. In the meantime, I shall remember this from A Course in Miracles textbook: “…Fairy tales can be pleasant or fearful, but no one calls them true. Children may believe them, and so, for a while, the tales are true for them. Yet when reality dawns, the fantasies are gone. Reality has not gone in the meanwhile.” (ACIM: T170)


Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The substance, Life, intelligence, Truth, and Love, which constitute Deity, are reflected by His creation; and when we subordinate the false testimony of the corporeal senses to the facts of Science, we shall see this true likeness and reflection everywhere.” Science & Health Page 515:4-8

2 comments:

  1. At first I couldn't figure this picture out - it sorta looked like a rolled up paper tube...then I enlarged it and voila!... It transformed into a picture of someone standing in their truth ... and along with this realization came a deep felt sense of what this would be like - to stand in my truth, in the true knowing of who I am as God created me and therefore who each one of us is also.

    Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are Very Perceptive, Cassandra!! This is a photo my son took of his girlfriend in Utah, on the Salt Flats. The whole series is delightful! Thanks for noticing ...

      Delete

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...