A Clearer Transparency

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #158 “Today I learn to give as I receive.”

From today’s ACIM workbook lesson: “Thus do you learn to give as you receive…This lesson is not difficult to learn, if you remember in your brother you but see yourself. If he be lost in sin, so must you be; if you see light in him, your sins have been forgiven by yourself. Each brother whom you meet today provides another chance to let Christ's vision shine on you, and offer you the peace of God.” For more than two decades, I have practiced seeing light in my neighbor, Whit. Regular readers of this blog know of his shenanigans — and we have an update today. His quest for convincing the vulture population to move elsewhere has reached a new fervor which surprises even me. He has taken pipes from an organ and made a large gong, which he beats with his grandmother’s rolling pin, in an effort to drive off a valley-full of birds. I had an honest dialogue with him today, sparing no words in trying to help him examine things and be at peace. It could be said I’m being self-centered and grasping at my own peace. But I will remember that “if [I] see light in him, [my] sins have been forgiven by [myself].” My goal for today is to be a clearer transparency for this light to pass through. Namastè. 

Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The sun, giving light and heat to the earth, is a figure of divine Life and Love, enlightening and sustaining the universe.” 
Science & Health Page 538:11-13


2 comments:

  1. Ahh...such a gift to have someone in your life to push your buttons! We are all on our way to getting our buttons deactivated and replaced with love, when we appreciate these wonderful people. I am so fortunate as to be married to mine! :)

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...