Translating Pain Into Love

 


Late in the afternoon, I learned of two events which happened in our community. Although I do not know any of the people involved, I was struck hard with the horror of it all. Generally, when I hear of unfortunate events, I try to practice what I preach and look at the situation through the lens of spiritual reality. I take the situation and translate it from the material picture into its metaphysical interpretation. For instance, if someone has died, I turn from that misidentification of life and death and recognize the spiritual fact that energy can change form but never cease. But today, for whatever the reason, I kept having mental images of what must have taken place. I’m scheduled to play the organ for a noontime concert at Heart of Many Ways, and I found myself not wanting to do it. Then I heard the inner prompt to use it as a way to express my fear and translate it into Love. In a very short period, I had chosen a number of classical pieces which address my pain and re-identify it as a celebration of Life, Truth, and Love. The gratitude I feel for this way of thought is immense. Thank You, greatly …


"The understanding of Truth and Love, the Principle which works out the ends of eternal good and destroys both faith in evil and the practice of evil, leads to the discernment of the divine idea." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 561:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...