Why Am I Vaccinated?

photograph of a family in front of the fountain at 
The First Church of Christ, Science Mother Church in Boston. Getty Images

 Having never had a flu shot or any other preventative measure which is readily available to us in the 21st Century, I found it interesting that my decision to receive the Covid vaccine was made so easily. As a lifelong Christian Scientist, I’ve spent decades studying and remembering the truth of my Being. It is easy to know, intellectually, that I am created as the image of God; that as a spiritual being I am only living the illusion of materiality. The reason I’ve written more than 3,000 entries in this blog is my own personal attempt to understand these ideas and witness how daily living unfolds with this realization. So why am I vaccinated when my main goal in life is to accept the unreality of material life and understand the truth of my spiritual identity? The healing power of this way of thought involves seeing true substance in place of the illusion which bombards us at every moment. While I still strive to translate what I see into what I know, the constant flood of material evidence has become etched in my mind. In asking myself what the loving response is to these circumstances, the decision was to vaccinate, wear a mask, social distance, and pray for a deeper understanding. As when I had an amputation a few years back, this does not mean that I am giving up on divine metaphysics, but that circumstances are taking me higher than ever before. I pray and listen for answers, moment-by-moment, during these interesting times!

"Question: What is the scientific statement of being?
Answer: There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 468:8-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...