Thought is Communication

 


I had an appointment today, so I grabbed a book to keep my brain on a higher plane while waiting. I took along Don Miguel Ruiz’s The Four Agreements. The last words I read before heading back home were: “Gossip is blackmail at its very worst, because it is pure poison. We learned how to gossip by agreement. When we were children, we heard the adults around us gossiping all the time, openly giving their opinion about other people. They even had opinions about people they didn’t know. Emotional poison was transferred along with the opinions, and we learned this as the normal way to communicate.” Upon arriving back home and getting settled in, the first thing I saw when opening up Facebook was the above quote from David Hoffmeister: “Your thoughts are powerful, and any time you think of another person, you communicate. It’s like prayer … It is within your own thinking that you have all your relationships and communications.” In between seeing these two powerful statements, I delivered something to a housebound friend who often talks about people. As I write this, I realize how powerful our thoughts are and how relatively easy it is to fall into thinking badly of others. It is also possible to turn those thoughts around, seeing a person as the pure reflection of divine Love. With this purer sight, I realize they are doing the best they can, as am I. Namaste…


"Mortal mind sees what it believes as certainly as it believes what it sees. It feels, hears, and sees its own thoughts. Pictures are mentally formed before the artist can convey them to canvas. So is it with all material conceptions."
Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 86:29:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...