Independence: Do You Have It?

 

photo credit: Aaron Springston

On this day of celebrating independence, I pause to examine what self-imposed shackles may still be holding me in bondage. There could be many things which keep me from feeling peace, but I don’t think I’m going to concentrate on those today. The fears, worries, habits, and such will fall away when I am single-minded in what I truly want. Do I have goals which I have set for myself, limiting in and of themselves, or am I willing to open myself to Spirit’s guidance? A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #185 tells us that if we really, truly want the peace of God, we will have it. I’m happy for this reminder to examine my motivesFor instance, why am I writing this right now? Is it for accolades from others, or is it to learn how to be open to and learn from what comes through me? Good question! I hope this recognition will allow me to be willing to examine my actions and words, stepping aside and wanting only Peace. Now there’s something to celebrate!


"A few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipotence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market; but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love is the liberator." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 225:16-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...