A Cat's Reflection

Panda Cat - photo credit: Kevin Wright

This evening, while sitting in my easy chair, my cat jumped up on my lap. As I absentmindedly began to pet her, she started to growl. I looked at her and saw that her wrath was directed at the iPad screen. This device was next to me and leaned up against the arm of the chair, with its dark screen right in front of her nose. She was seeing her own reflection and thought it was another cat! This image of a sister cat so close to her, in her house, in her chair, brought up feelings of fear and anger. What a lesson! How often do I see a brother expressing an idea which raises my hackles, even though they are nothing more than a reflection of my own self? What bothers me about that guy over there? Could it be that I may be seeing my own reflection? Hum… I’m going to ​ponder this for a while. Happy weekend!


“Advancing to a higher plane of action, thought rises from the material sense to the spiritual, from the scholastic to the inspirational, and from the mortal to the immortal. Love, the divine Principle, is the Father and Mother of the universe, including man." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 256:3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...