Coyote Rising

photo credit: Christine Panas

It seems as though complacency breeds turmoil — at least in my life. I remember Kit Shepherd telling an old Native American tale about the coyote biting you in the butt just when you think you understand life. That’s what I’m reminded of when I’m excessively peaceful, and then the coyote rears its smirking head. Ha! Without going into detail, things have become complicated in my immediate vicinity — to the point where the two dogs and two cats living with me feel like needy children clinging to my arms and legs. This is how it felt today from my tumultuous viewpoint. A few minutes ago, I was stressing over the fact that I haven’t chosen music for an hour-long noon-time recital tomorrow at a lovely place called Heart of Many Ways. That caused me to sit down and think about how mindlessly I was reacting to everything which happened today. And, so, I am writing to you to clear my head and center my heart; to listen for divine Mind rather than running around in circles with my monkey mind. After I post this writing, I’m going to go into my music files and quietly say a poem/prayer, then I’ll allow selections to fall into my hands. Life is, indeed, good…

"​The great miracle, to human sense, is divine Love, and​ ​the grand necessity of existence is to gain the​ ​true idea of what constitutes the kingdom of​ ​heaven in man. This goal is never reached while we​ ​hate our neighbor or entertain a false estimate of anyone whom God has appointed to voice His Word. Again,​ ​without a correct sense of its highest visible idea, we can​ ​never understand the divine Principle. The botanist must​ ​know the genus and species of a plant in order to classify​ ​it correctly. As it is with things, so is it with persons.​"​​ ​Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 561:11-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...