Nothing Unreal Exists

 

Italy - photo credit: Blake Lasater

My mind is swirling with visions of past friendships and present turmoil and confusion. The confusion is not mine, and I’m not taking it on, but I am having a difficult time holding to the spiritual truth of this situation. The thing I keep coming back to is Ho’oponopono, the Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness. Perhaps I find this so appealing because of my early Christian Science training. When facing difficult situations, I tend to go back to holding to the Truth of our being. The forgiveness practice of Ho’oponopono is a form of keeping thoughts away from the seeming problem, while concentrating on the words, “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.” It helps to quiet my circular thoughts and allow the still, small voice to be heard inwardly, guiding me to where I need to be. And so I will repeat these words every time the distressing situation tells me there is no solution. At times like this, I am extremely grateful for A Course in Miracles and all the teachers and students who are holding their thought above the illusion. Namaste...


“Nothing real can be threatened.

Nothing unreal exists.

Herein lies the peace of God.” 

A Course in Miracles


“Right is radical. The teacher must know the truth himself. He must live it and love it, or he cannot impart it to others. We soil our garments with conservatism, and afterwards we must wash them clean. When the spiritual sense of Truth unfolds its harmonies, you take no risks in the policy of error.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 452:18-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

What Am I Giving?

"All that I give is given to myself." [ACIM workbook lesson #126] Today’s topic brings an examination of what it is I’m giving. I ...