Structures of Truth and Love

 


Today was World Sound Healing Day and we had quite a celebration here in Eureka Springs! Four of our local musicians came together in Heart of Many Ways to bathe us in beautifully woven sounds, which included violin, harmonium, Tibetan and crystal bowls, and many other interesting tinkly instruments. It was particularly moving for me as it was held in the edifice which was built as a Christian Science Church in 1914. My parents began attending services there when I was eight years old. I learned to play the organ in this beautiful building when I was 11. A few years back, we donated the “structure of Truth and Love” to a non-profit organization which is dedicated to serving spiritual groups who do not have their own place to meet. There are affiliates from the Sufi tradition, Native Americans, a Jewish organization, and there is always room for anyone who wants to hold an event, such as today. The loving energy generated today would make Mary Baker Eddy very happy, of this I am certain. Namaste…


“Church: The structure of Truth and Love; whatever rests upon and proceeds from divine Principle.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 583:12-12


“A church that does not inspire love has a hidden altar that is not serving the purpose for which God intended it. I must found His church on you, because those who accept me as a model are literally my disciples. Disciples are followers, and if the model they follow has chosen to save them pain in all respects, they are unwise not to follow him.” 

A Course in Miracles T-6.I.8:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...