Affection and Purpose of the Heart

 

St. Elizabeth Catholic Church
Eureka Springs, AR

Have you ever needed to fire an employee, or end a relationship with a significant other, or stop spending so much time with a friend for your own mental health? If so, I hope you had the courage and kindness to be honest about it. In looking back at such situations when they have occurred within my orbit, people often turn the tables on the one they want out of the way. On the other hand, I can think of a few situations where someone has simply told the truth, even in part, in order to end an unwanted relationship. I've recently watched a situation where there were valid reasons to end the employment of a part-time musician, yet no one would do it. Rather, they made things so uncomfortable for the person that he resigned. It was torturous for many of us, with rumors and half-truths floating about. I've watched men and women want out of their marriage, but rather than hurting their spouse's feelings, they make them so miserable that they leave, rather than the one who originally wanted out fessing up to it. I've written many dailies centered around truth-telling. It seems like an easy thing to do. Apparently it is not!

"We should examine ourselves and learn what is the affection and purpose of the heart, for in this way only can we learn what we honestly are." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 8:28-30


“Forgiveness, truth’s reflection, tells me how to offer miracles, and thus escape the prison house in which I think I live. Your holy Son is pointed out to me, first in my brother; then in me. Your Voice instructs me patiently to hear Your Word, and give as I receive. And as I look upon Your Son today, I hear Your Voice instructing me to find the way to You, as You appointed that the way shall be: Behold his sinlessness, and be you healed.” 

A Course in Miracles W-357.1:1-5




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...