Adjusted Levels of Perception

A Fun Room in Meow Wolf - Denver, Co

When my oldest son was in school, we watched a movie which we both thought was hilarious. Shortly afterward, he took the movie to a friend's house and shared it with her and her mother. The mother thought the movie was a tragedy and cried through most of it. This perfectly illustrates a statement in A Course in Miracles: "Perception is a mirror, not a fact. What I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward." Isn't that the truth!! I’m sure we can all remember times when you and someone else interpreted things totally differently. I will try to remember this dichotomy when others interpret an event in a way which I do not understand. Today I will strive to clear my mind, in order to allow Truth to melt away illusion.

“By recognizing spirit, miracles adjust the levels of perception and show them in proper alignment. This places spirit at the center, where it can communicate directly.”

 A Course in Miracles T-1.I.30:1-2


“Corporeal sense, or error, may seem to hide Truth, health, harmony, and Science, as the mist obscures the sun or the mountain; but Science, the sunshine of Truth, will melt away the shadow and reveal the celestial peaks.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 299:26-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...