My Conception of Truth’s Appearing

St.Elizabeth Catholic Church in Eureka Springs, AR

What a beautiful Christmas Eve I have spent as an accompanist/organist at St. Elizabeth Catholic Church! The music was beautiful and challenging; the end result was worth the effort. Something the priest said at the end of the service caused me to think of the following Mary Baker Eddy writing. He said no one should spend Christmas alone. I beg to differ. Sending you Love this day!

“I celebrate Christmas with my soul, my spiritual sense, and so commemorate the entrance into human understanding of the Christ conceived of Spirit, of God and not of a woman—as the birth of Truth, the dawn of divine Love breaking upon the gloom of matter and evil with the glory of infinite being.


I love to observe Christmas in quietude, humility, benevolence, charity, letting good will towards man, eloquent silence, prayer, and praise express my conception of Truth’s appearing." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Miscellany Page 262


“Let no despair darken the joy of Christmas, for the time of Christ is meaningless apart from joy. Let us join in celebrating peace by demanding no sacrifice of anyone, for so you offer me the love I offer you. What can be more joyous than to perceive we are deprived of nothing? Such is the message of the time of Christ, which I give you that you may give it and return it to the Father, Who gave it to me. For in the time of Christ communication is restored, and He joins us in the celebration of His Son’s creation.”

A Course in Miracles T-15.XI.8:1-5




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...