Beyond the Veil of Old Ideas

Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston

Most of us have changed quite a bit from the time we were small children, both in appearance and the way we think. While pondering A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #7, I realize that I have done a disservice to a person by holding him frozen in time within my thoughts. I understand that everything is colored by past experience, and I'm willing to release these feelings in order to catch a glimpse of Life without prejudice. While the person I've had difficulty seeing with the grace of forgiveness has, undoubtedly, changed in many ways, my thoughts about him have not. I've mentioned this situation in past writings, and there is no need to reinforce my judgment further by repeating the circumstances, but there is reason for me to examine why I'm so dedicated to blaming them for their actions. Why does it bother me so much? Why am I taking it personally? These are questions I am now willing to turn over to Holy Spirit, yielding to divine Love and its all-encompassing presence.

"The history of error or matter, if veritable, would set aside the omnipotence of Spirit; but it is the false history in contradistinction to the true.”  

Mary Baker Eddy- Science and Health, Page 521:29-2


“The savior’s vision is as innocent of what your brother is as it is free of any judgment made upon yourself. It sees no past in anyone at all. And thus it serves a wholly open mind, unclouded by old concepts, and prepared to look on only what the present holds. It cannot judge because it does not know. And recognizing this, it merely asks, ‘What is the meaning of what I behold?’ Then is the answer given. And the door held open for the face of Christ to shine upon the one who asks, in innocence, to see beyond the veil of old ideas and ancient concepts held so long and dear against the vision of the Christ in you.” 

A Course in Miracles - T-31.VII.13:1-7A

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...