Joined by Mind

\
Graphic of unknown origin

A good friend who receives these writings asked me how she can be compassionate if she doesn’t accept the reality of someone’s pain or loss. This is a very good question! A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #18 tells us that our minds are joined by way of divine Mind. I strive to give people comfort without accepting, within my thought, that they have experienced a horrid event which is to be feared, or a sad event which will take time to release, or that changes are to be avoided. Crying with friends, holding their hand and offering comforting words, helping them to find joy again — these are ways we can show compassion. We help those in need, without becoming part of the problem, nor do we make light of the situation. Never think that these teachings are meant to make us an automaton which unfeelingly goes forward in some sort of metaphysical trance. We are all individuals with a purpose! Let’s not fear living life to the fullest!

“If I have no private thoughts, I cannot see a private world. Even the mad idea of separation had to be shared before it could form the basis of the world I see. Yet that sharing was a sharing of nothing. I can also call upon my real thoughts, which share everything with everyone. As my thoughts of separation call to the separation thoughts of others, so my real thoughts awaken the real thoughts in them. And the world my real thoughts show me will dawn on their sight as well as mine.” 

A Course in Miracles W-54.3:2-7


“There can be but one Mind, because there is but one God; and if mortals claimed no other Mind and accepted no other, sin would be unknown. We can have but one Mind, if that one is infinite. We bury the sense of infinitude, when we admit that, although God is infinite, evil has a place in this infinity, for evil can have no place, where all space is filled with God.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 469 17-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...