Saved From the Perception of the World

A Place For Birds to Hide
Ceramic Sculpture by Ken Starbird

While working as a free-lance  court reporter for more than three decades, I often witnessed people's desire for this thing we call vengeance. I've also seen that when they get whatever form of retribution they seek, they feel no better about the situation. Why is vengeance thought of as a good thing in our society? It seems to me it should be one of Dante's deadly sins and something we would want to negate or, at the very least, hide under the table. But, no, we want to put it on the front page and proudly tell others of the vengeance we seek. As A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #21  tells us: "Today's idea accurately describes the way anyone who holds attack thoughts in his mind must see the world. Having projected his anger onto the world, he sees vengeance about to strike at him. His own attack is thus perceived as self defense." Let’s remember that our safety lies in our defenselessness -- and our happiness, too!

"Truth destroys error, and Love destroys hate. Being destroyed, sin needs no other form of forgiveness." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 339:2-4


“What I see is a form of vengeance. The world I see is hardly the representation of loving thoughts. It is a picture of attack on everything by everything. It is anything but a reflection of the Love of God and the Love of His Son. It is my own attack thoughts that give rise to this picture. My loving thoughts will save me from this perception of the world, and give me the peace God intended me to have.”

A Course in Miracles W-55.2:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...