Inevitable Grace

“Grace is acceptance of the Love of God within a world of seeming hate and fear.” [A Course in Miracles] While having an anything-goes conversation with a group of friends, it became apparent that we have different ways of talking to people with whom we disagree. In recent years, I have made an extreme effort to listen to others rather than immediately responding with admonitions and/or corrections of what I deem to be their erroneous thought. I’ve written in the past that a favorite statement in such situations is, You may be right about that. This is something I don’t say anymore. In the face of “alternative facts” I now say something like, “If that’s true, we need to do something about it.” And then I’ll suggest we research the topic and begin a dialogue about it. This has opened up a whole world of communication I would not normally be willing to have. And so “By grace I live. By grace I am released.” [A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson 169] These conversations feel like amazing grace to me!

“The miracle of grace is no miracle to Love.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 494:15


“Grace is an aspect of the Love of God which is most like the state prevailing in the unity of truth. It is the world’s most lofty aspiration, for it leads beyond the world entirely. It is past learning, yet the goal of learning, for grace cannot come until the mind prepares itself for true acceptance. Grace becomes inevitable instantly in those who have prepared a table where it can be gently laid and willingly received; an altar clean and holy for the gift.” 

A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #169.1:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unity of Spirit

  Photo courtesy of Susan Luddy Words from Kahlil Gibran “Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.   Pity the nation t...