Thursday, July 4, 2024

Celebrating Independence

Photo of unknown origin

A national celebration of independence is happening as I write this. My celebration occurred while I was on the front porch, watching fireflies rise from my overgrown flowerbed-of-a-lawn. I could hear the far-away noise of fireworks, police sirens wailed somewhere in the distance, but I was smelling the flowers and herbs rather than the pungent odor of explosives. I commemorated freedom with my cats, while reveling in the peace on my porch. The terrible political turmoil our country is wrapped up in is easier to see through from my porch. I receive daily newsletters from historian/teacher Dr. Heather Cox Richardson. Today she gave us ways to stay the rising tide of treachery in our country. Basically, she directs us to use our unique talents in order to save democracy. She gives talks; I write daily essays. Don’t be shy when it comes to sharing your purpose!

“Like our nation, Christian Science has its Declaration of Independence. God has endowed man with inalienable rights, among which are self-government, reason, and conscience. Man is properly self-governed only when he is guided rightly and governed by his Maker, divine Truth and Love.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 106:6-11


“Ideas must first belong to you, before you give them. If you are to save the world, you first accept salvation for yourself. But you will not believe that this is done until you see the miracles it brings to everyone you look upon. Herein is the idea of giving clarified and given meaning. Now you can perceive that by your giving is your store increased.”

A Course in Miracles W-187.3:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Feeling the Freedom

Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston Do you feel that you are free? The complications of daily life can sometimes feel overwhelming. It's ...