Tuesday, July 9, 2024

In Rappport

Photo credit: Blake Lasater

Today, two things happened which reinforced my understanding of universal consciousness. First of all, once a month a dear friend drops off his wife at my house. She is experiencing advanced dementia and only goes places where she feels comfortable. Today when they arrived, I had been rushing about, hurrying to get chores done before they got here. I was a bit anxious and Mary immediately picked up on this feeling. She tried to leave with her husband, saying she didn’t want to stay here. I quickly realized she was experiencing fear from my mental tension. So  released it and gave her a hug, reassuring her we would have a lovely day. Which we did. Then after she left, I got a call from a friend telling me of a book she read, which she thought that I would enjoy: The Boy, the Mole, The Fox and the Horse — written by Charlie Mackesy. As she excitedly told me about the book, I realized that she did not know my daily writing (which was waiting in her email) had used an illustration and quote from the very same story! These two events showed me, once again, how our thoughts are joined through the one Source. As we go through our day, let’s remember: every thought is important; every action exponential. Be the future you wish to see!

“The ancient prophets gained their foresight from a spiritual, incorporeal standpoint, not by foreshadowing evil and mistaking fact for fiction, — predicting the future from a groundwork of corporeality and human belief. When sufficiently advanced in Science to be in harmony with the truth of being, men become seers and prophets involuntarily, controlled not by demons, spirits, or demigods, but by the one Spirit. It is the prerogative of the ever-present, divine Mind, and of thought which is in rapport with this Mind, to know the past, the present, and the future.”

Mary are Eddy - Science & Health Page 84:3-14


“Forgiveness gently looks upon all things unknown in Heaven, sees them disappear, and leaves the world a clean and unmarked slate on which the Word of God can now replace the senseless symbols written there before.”

A Course in Miracles W-192.4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...