Friday, July 12, 2024

Separate From No Living Thing


My grandchildren live 800 miles away. No matter what distance lies between us, I am extremely grateful for the technology which allows me to get a glimpse into their daily lives. I go with them, virtually, to the park, on bike rides, and to their backyard to work in their sweet garden. It would be easy to feel sorry for myself, lamenting the fact that I can’t hold them in my arms, smell their sweet little heads, and play cribbage games with my son. But I’d rather be grateful that we are happy and whole, loving each other as much as if we were living together. My daughter-in-law’s family lives close to them, and I have never witnessed a closer-knit family. There is nothing I would wish for my son more than the beautiful family he has found, and the children which have joined them. As today’s Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson says: “Love is the way I walk in gratitude.” Nothing could more closely express the way I feel today!

“We thank our Father for one thing alone; that we are separate from no living thing, and therefore one with Him. And we rejoice that no exceptions ever can be made which would reduce our wholeness, nor impair or change our function to complete the One Who is Himself completion. We give thanks for every living thing, for otherwise we offer thanks for nothing, and we fail to recognize the gifts of God to us.”

A Course in Miracles W-195.6:1-3


“It is Love which paints the petal with myriad hues, glances in the warm sunbeam, arches the cloud with the bow of beauty, blazons the night with starry gems, and covers earth with loveliness.”

Mary baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 247:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...