July 24, 2013 - Peace of God

Exhibit at Crystal Bridges Museum
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #205 Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #185 "I want the peace of God.”

"The peace of God is everything I want." What a lovely thought to hold to today! I just read a Facebook post by one of our social media mavens. She tells us that people seem volatile, jumping to conclusions and reacting in anger. Her advice to us all was to "Calm the f… down!"  I can translate that into wanting the peace of God and making a choice to have it. If you're having trouble slipping away from tension and letting peace be felt, try doing things which can facilitate this: float on a river, walk in the woods, have a massage, get a Oneness Blessing. There are so many avenues to this end. Mainly, I think it's the realization that we have a choice. That opens the door to peace.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“This material world is even now becoming the arena for conflicting forces. On one side there will be discord and dismay; on the other side there will be Science and peace. The breaking up of material beliefs may seem to be famine and pestilence, want and woe, sin, sickness, and death, which assume new phases until their nothingness appears. These disturbances will continue until the end of error, when all discord will be swallowed up in spiritual Truth.” Science & Health Page 96:12-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...