Friday, July 12, 2013

July 13, 2013 - One Thing ...

"Milky Way Over Utah"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #194
“I place the future in the Hands of God.”

It takes practice to let go. A mere 25 years ago, I still thought I was in control. It took a child's illness for me to realize I didn't have the power to make things all right. In the space it took to hear a diagnosis, I had a change of heart. I'm sure I went through all the emotions associated with this kind of thing: sorrow, anger, blame, and so on. But I knew deep down that there was only one answer. "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple." (Psalms:27:4) Sometimes I forget this. I'm happy to have this reminder today!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Prayer cannot change the unalterable Truth, nor can prayer alone give us an understanding of Truth; but prayer, coupled with a fervent habitual desire to know and do the will of God, will bring us into all Truth. Such a desire has little need of audible expression. It is best expressed in thought and in life."

Science & Health Page 11:28-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...