July 11, 2013 - Release Anger

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #192
“I have a function God would have me fill.”

Today we are advised to hold no one prisoner with our anger. By releasing them, we are made free. This is a perfect lesson for me today as I contemplate the words spoken in a town meeting. While I never felt what I would deem "active anger", I must admit some of the statements have replayed in my mind and caused a sarcastic chuckle or two. And so I have some feelings to release to fulfill my function. I have already written a letter to the editor and then discarded it. That was a nice release! If any words ask to be replayed mentally (as one woman's derogatory comment toward artists is doing right now!), I will replace it with the knowledge that we both reflect the same Love which is God. Any fearful illusions seeming to be true will be acknowledged and released, time and again if necessary, until they return to the nothingness from which they came. 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Not to avenge one's self upon one's enemies is the command of almighty wisdom; and we take this to be a safer guide than the promptings of human nature. To know that a deception dark as it is base has been practiced upon thee, and yet not to avenge thyself, is to do good to thyself; is to take a new standpoint whence to look upward; is to be calm amid excitement, just amid lawlessness, and pure amid corruption."

Miscellaneous Writings Page 228

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...