July 4, 2013 - Independence

"Fireworks"
by Aaron Springston
A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #185
“I want the peace of God.”

This is a day of celebration in the United States. On July 4th we celebrate Independence. Today's lesson tells us that if we want the peace of God, it is ours. The reason for this is that peace is our birthright as a child of God. If we don't experience this peace, it's because we don't really want it. So today I will celebrate my independence from thoughts which bind me to old ways which do not bring peace nor freedom. I will throw off the shackles of belief and celebrate the freedom which living my true heritage brings. I won't concentrate on what I am not, but what I Am. I Am a reflection of divine Mind. Woo-hoo!! Let the celebration begin!!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"A few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipo‐tence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market; but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love is the liberator."

Science & Health Page 225:16-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...