July 27, 2013 - Peace No Matter What

"Mongolia - Altai Mountains"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #208
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #188 “The peace of God is shining in me now."

It's comforting to know that peace is always waiting within, no matter how jarring outside circumstances may seem. Sometimes I fall into that disharmony, forgetting that I have a choice in the matter. Right now my dog is barking at something outside. I feel my muscles becoming tense as the noise reverberates in the house. Should I join in his tension and anxiety, or would I rather bring him along into my oasis of peace? It seems like a "no-brainer" there, huh? But how often have I let outside circumstances dictate my mood? I'm glad I don't need to relive all those moments! Today I will remember I have a choice, and not be swept along in a current of dis-ease.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Undisturbed amid the jarring testimony of the material senses, Science, still enthroned, is unfolding to mortals the immutable, harmonious, divine Principle,—is unfolding Life and the universe, ever present and eternal.”

Science & Health Page 306:25-28

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...