December 17, 2013 - Guide to Peace

"
"Perceptions"
Photo by Aaron Springston
A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #351 "My sinless brother is my guide to peace. My sinful brother is my guide to pain. And which I choose to see I will behold."

An old friend whom I hadn't seen in quite some time came in the gallery following a joyous Christmas parade. She told me about taking care of a friend of hers who is very ill. In the telling of this, she mentioned that this woman had been very hurt and upset by a rescue organization here in our town; that they had done many things which caused her anguish, including telling lies about her. In telling this tale, she wept many times and said divisive things about this group of people. My first impulse was to stand up for them. I see them as a wonderful organization, compassionate and caring. My old friend does not. As I hugged her and reassured her the best I could, I realized, once again, that we have choices in perceptions. Feeling compassion for her pain, I didn't defend this group nor try to refute her accusations, as I realized that seeing "my sinless brother is my guide to peace." Namaste' -----

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Final deliverance from error, whereby we rejoice in immortality, boundless freedom, and sinless sense, is not reached through paths of flowers nor by pinning one's faith without works to another's vicarious effort. Whosoever believeth that wrath is righteous or that divinity is appeased by human suffering, does not understand God."
Science & Health Page 22:23-28


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...