December 21, 2013 - Peace & Joy

"Salt Lake City, Utah"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #355 
"There is no end to all the peace and joy, And all the miracles that I will give, When I accept God's Word. Why not today?"

Falling off the wagon can mean many things. I no longer worry that I'll hit the bars, but I often feel I'm walking a tightrope between Love and fear. The inclement weather we've experienced in our small tourist town has had quite an economic impact on us these past few weeks. You may remember that I recently wrote about "taking a leap of faith" and changing some long-standing practices in the gallery. With the lack of business and correlating lack of funds, I began to wonder if I was doing the right thing. Then two things happened. I ran across this quote from Mary Baker Eddy which I had never seen before: "Divine principle brings need and supply together for mutual good." And with that reminder, I realized how I've trusted in this precept for the last number of years while building a business which blesses so many people in so many ways. I could write pages about how this principle has been demonstrated in the past, and also proofs I see unfolding at this very moment. I am grateful for this peaceful awakening!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"To divest thought of false trusts and material evidences in order that the spiritual facts of being may appear,--this is the great attainment by means of which we shall sweep away the false and give place to the true." 

Science & Health Page 423:8-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...