December 11, 2013 - Giving and Receiving Miracles

"Eureka Springs B&B"
photo by Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #345
"I offer only miracles today,
For I would have them be returned to me."

Today I received a phone call from a friend whose first words were, "Do you think we live in a police state?" Of course, said I. These are the types of conversations I walk away from face-to-face, but since he had just had this realization and was upset, I stayed with him on the subject. While I did express more strong opinions than I generally like to admit I have, the conversation was, for the most part, a cry for him to return to Love. I see our current mortal, mental state as a reflection of the fear we harbor; a fear which is fed by most everything in daily life. I talked to him of tipping points, and mass consciousness, and our true consciousness as an expression of God. We could banter back and forth for a very long time the material conditions, causes, solutions of this existence. But to get to the heart of it all takes spiritual sense, which cannot be gleaned from intellectual exercises. And that's where I see the miracle: the revelation which reveals the omnipresence of God, good. 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Christian marvels (and marvel is the simple meaning of the Greek word rendered miracle in the New Testament) will be misunderstood and misused by many, until the glorious Principle of these marvels is gained."

Science & Health Page 474:11-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...