Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 29, 2013 - Who's in Charge?

ACIM Workbook Lesson #363
"This holy instant would I give to You. Be You in charge. For I would follow You, Certain that Your direction gives me peace."

Sometimes I find myself so caught up in being "in charge" of things that I forget I'm really not! When you stop and think about it, aren't most things redefined moment-by-moment? There may be snow storms, or people not doing what they were going to do, or perhaps loved ones need attention in various ways -- well, you've been there yourself and know what I mean! And so it is that making the decision to live by intuition and spiritual insights works for me. I don't like to worry about what-ifs and make contingency plans to cover alternate possibilities. Even when events are not going the way I had hoped, it's a great comfort to know that "only good can come of this". A number of years ago a good friend told me she always held to those words when fearful challenges were present. And so, I do, too. Only good can come of this. 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear, — this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress. 

Science & Health Page 323:30-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...