December 13, 2013 - Slow Down

ACIM Workbook Lesson #347
Photo by Aaron Springston
"Anger must come from judgment. Judgment is the weapon I would use against myself, to keep the miracle away from me."

It is easy to ignore signs that the brain has blocked out divine Mind. This morning I made a minor, yet glaring, error in a social media announcement concerning an upcoming featured artist at the gallery. If I hadn't rushed through the process, I would have seen it. A few other things happened throughout the day, but I justified them. Then I discovered that my notice to the local Chamber of Commerce, sent in for a blast to more than 500 people, contained a personal letter which I had written to the artists I represent. I'll leave out all the gory details which ensued, but during a rushed time a few days ago, I had inadvertently added the email of a new employee for publicity to my artist list, rather than to the Chamber list. So reading this ACIM lesson caused some major laughter as I realized there had been indicators to slow down and listen all day, but I'd chosen to rush past them. This is yet another lesson I pray to remember! 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Material man is made up of involuntary and voluntary error, of a negative right and a positive wrong, the latter calling itself right. Man's spiritual individuality is never wrong."

Science & Health Page 491:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...