March 15, 2014 - Single Eye

ACIM Workbook Lesson #74
“There is no will but God’s.”

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matthew 6:22 As I contemplate today's ACIM workbook topic, this thought keeps coming to mind. I love that these teachings bring us back time and again to the thought that there is only one thing we need do, and that is, basically, to see with a single eye. What, you may ask, does that mean? To me it means that everything I do, say, or think is from the standpoint that I am an expression of God. My only goal is to be a transparency through which that experience can shine. Last night I attended a sweet, love-based meeting of gentle people. At the end, the speaker encouraged us to stay in the same frame of mind we were in while listening to him. He stated a number of things that we might have been doing had we not been there: going to bars, getting into disagreements with family, things of that sort. I wondered if he really thought that about this group, or if perhaps he didn't think we were serious students of Life. Whatever the case, it made me happy that I can honestly say I want to know God more than all else.  I can't imagine anything which would tempt me to be otherwise!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“God gives you His spiritual ideas, and in turn, they give you daily supplies. Never ask for tomorrow: it is enough that divine Love is an ever-present help; and if you wait, never doubting, you will have all you need every moment. What a glorious inheritance is given to us through the understanding of omnipresent Love! More we cannot ask: more we do not want: more we cannot have.”

Miscellaneous Writings 1883–1896, Page 307

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...