Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 15, 2014 - Single Eye

ACIM Workbook Lesson #74
“There is no will but God’s.”

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matthew 6:22 As I contemplate today's ACIM workbook topic, this thought keeps coming to mind. I love that these teachings bring us back time and again to the thought that there is only one thing we need do, and that is, basically, to see with a single eye. What, you may ask, does that mean? To me it means that everything I do, say, or think is from the standpoint that I am an expression of God. My only goal is to be a transparency through which that experience can shine. Last night I attended a sweet, love-based meeting of gentle people. At the end, the speaker encouraged us to stay in the same frame of mind we were in while listening to him. He stated a number of things that we might have been doing had we not been there: going to bars, getting into disagreements with family, things of that sort. I wondered if he really thought that about this group, or if perhaps he didn't think we were serious students of Life. Whatever the case, it made me happy that I can honestly say I want to know God more than all else.  I can't imagine anything which would tempt me to be otherwise!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“God gives you His spiritual ideas, and in turn, they give you daily supplies. Never ask for tomorrow: it is enough that divine Love is an ever-present help; and if you wait, never doubting, you will have all you need every moment. What a glorious inheritance is given to us through the understanding of omnipresent Love! More we cannot ask: more we do not want: more we cannot have.”

Miscellaneous Writings 1883–1896, Page 307

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...