March 4, 2014 - Our Light-Bearing, Peaceful Function

"Snow Shadows"
photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #63
“The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness.”

Once we realize something is ours, then we are free to give it away. Once we realize something is ours, it is everyone's by virtue of our unity as expressions of God. Every time we choose peace, rather than joining with someone in anger or agitation, we have exercised our light-bringing peaceful function. I used to think it was impolite not to listen when someone wanted to tell me things I didn't need to hear. For instance, today a neighbor began to tell me of a situation where another neighbor had said things to him which hurt his feelings. As I realized he wasn't going to stop, but wanted to talk about it and speculate about why she was horrible, I simply said, "Wait. I'm not going to go there with you." Looking back on the conversation, I wonder why I didn't say this years ago! I no longer think it's impolite to speak the truth. Why should I listen to this any more readily than I would, for instance, watch a horror movie? I'll just say no!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear,--this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress."

Science & Health Page 324:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...