March 8, 2014 - I Am Love

ACIM Workbook Lesson #67
“Love created me like itself.”

When I took class instruction in Christian Science, one of my classmates was having trouble understanding divine Love. Mary Baker Eddy gives  seven synonymous terms for God: Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, Love. We had many conversations about this during the 12 days we exclusively studied and learned about divine Science. He finally saw that he was thinking in terms of human love, hence he couldn't understand how God could be this emotion. While I can intellectually know that I am created by Love, which is my essence as the expression of God, sometimes it's difficult to feel.  And then I remember that Love created all that is real. My mortal thoughts often have nothing to do with reality. So I concentrate on what I know as reality, as Truth, as God. And often holding on to one spiritual truth is enough to allow me to remember what I've forgotten. There's nothing like a baby -- a baby person, animal -- particularly puppies! -- to remind us what pure Love looks like. So if you feel you're lacking in love, go play with puppies! 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Immortal and divine Mind presents the idea of God: first, in light; second, in reflection; third, in spiritual and immortal forms of beauty and goodness. But this Mind creates no element nor symbol of discord and decay. God creates neither erring thought, mortal life, mutable truth, nor variable love."
Science & Health Page 503:20-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...