March 25, 2014 - Break the Spell


ACIM Workbook Lesson #84
Review: “Love created me like Itself.” and “Love holds no grievances.”

During extremely busy times in our tourist town, I sometimes feel like I'm suffering from overload. Spring break is one of those times, as there are also many children involved in this give-and-take flow of energy and information. A day I particularly remember is one when I felt drained and didn't want to talk to another single person. I had retreated to my space behind the checkout counter, trying to look pleasant, but not truly feeling it. Then a family came in with a number of children, and a feeling of dread came over me. The dad had a small child on his shoulders and a few more swimming around his feet. The one he was carrying was fussy and sort of crying as the dad came up to me and started asking questions about where to eat dinner. I began talking to the baby -- answering the dad's questions, but looking at the whining child. Suddenly joy spread through my chest -- and the baby started to giggle, too! No more was I a tired mortal wishing I could be somewhere else. And the baby seemed to realize he had the best seat in town and he was the loved of Love. Whew! Was I glad that spell was broken!!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The rich in spirit help the poor in one grand brotherhood, all having the same Principle, or Father; and blessed is that man who seeth his brother's need and supplieth it, seeking his own in another's good. Love giveth to the least spiritual idea might, immortality, and goodness, which shine through all as the blossom shines through the bud. All the varied expressions of God reflect health, holiness, immortality-- infinite Life, Truth, and Love."

Science & Health Page 518:15-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...