March 20, 2014 - What's the Problem?

ACIM Workbook Lesson #79
"Let me recognize the problem so it can be solved."

Are you a list maker? If you have a list of problems which need to be solved, it should be a relief to know there is only one problem and only one solution! If you watch or listen to news and feel overwhelmed by the problems of the world, it is a welcome respite to realize there is only one solution, and that is shown through a recognition of the problem. Actually, there is no need to think about a solution, you only need recognize that there is but one problem -- and that realization is, in itself, the solution. Every problem which seems to be is the result of one thing: a belief in separation from God.  When something comes up which seems like a problem, I will (hopefully!) sit quietly and ask within, What is this problem? Then  will listen, expecting an answer. When the problem has been identified, I will ask what I need to know to solve it. In stillness, I will expect an answer. The key to this is getting out of the way by releasing my ideas about what the problems and solutions are. While this may seem impossible to do, I shall at least recognize the possibility of it happening. If nothing else, I will recognize that all these problems cannot possibly be solved on the level of form where they occur, as there are too many and they are too complex, changing and shifting with circumstances. It is enough that I acknowledge there is a metaphysical Principle upon which the logic of today's lesson is based. And I will admit that all I want is to know more of that One law.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Ontology receives less attention than physiology. Why? Because mortal mind must waken to spiritual life before it cares to solve the problem of being, hence the author's experience; but when that awakening comes, existence will be on a new standpoint."

Science & Health Page 556:25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...