February 19, 2015 - The Greatest Thing ...

photo by Steve Shogren
ACIM Workbook Lesson #50:
“I am sustained by the Love of God.”

Everywhere I turn, I seem to be pointed back to basics. The Love that is God is a cornerstone of most spiritual study, and I find it to be particularly palatable reading right now. I have reread Marianne Williamson’s “A Return to Love”. I’m reading Henry Drummond’s “The Greatest Thing in the World”, which examines well-known words from First Corinthians which begin, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not Love, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.” In this book, he reminds me how very important it is to be kind. Living a solitary lifestyle seems well-suited to me. Perhaps it began when I was an only child of older parents. It certainly continued during three short marriages which only lasted as long as they did because the husbands were away from home working most of the time. Whatever the case, I am happy to have these reminders of the pure essence of Love, and I look forward to sowing Its seeds along with the herbs and flowers of spring!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Psalm XXIII 
[DIVINE LOVE] is my shepherd; I shall not want. [LOVE] maketh me to lie down in green pastures: [LOVE] leadeth me beside the still waters. [LOVE] restoreth my soul [spiritual sense]: [LOVE] leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for [LOVE] is with me; [LOVE'S] rod and [LOVE'S] staff they comfort me. [LOVE] prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: [LOVE] anointeth my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house [the consciousness] of [LOVE] for ever.

Science & Health" Page 578: 3-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...