February 23, 2015 - Determined to See

ACIM Workbook Lesson #54
Today's review is of Lessons 16-20.

Since spending almost three weeks in the hospital, I have been on a rainbow of prescription drugs. This regimen is foreign to me, having not taken so much as a vitamin supplement in the past. Having committed myself to doctors' care, I readily acquiesced and was willing to do what they wanted. But it is becoming more and more obvious (as I've always known, but not personally experienced) that what they recommend is no more than an educated guess. This guesswork becomes more complicated when their judgment is swayed by pharmaceutical companies telling them what they should do. I feel that each and every doctor I have seen in the past two months is a wonderful person, and that they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. They have made a decision to help mankind and have devoted their lives to this noble pursuit. As our lesson reviews tell us, in part, today: I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing and I am determined to see. Today I vow to devote my thought more steadfastly to the spiritual Truth I want to see. That is the one thing I desire, and I am not alone in this seeing!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Through discernment of the spiritual opposite of materiality, even the way through Christ, Truth, man will reopen with the key of divine Science the gates of Paradise which human beliefs have closed, and will find himself unfallen, upright, pure, and free, not needing to consult almanacs for the probabilities either of his life or of the weather, not needing to study brainology to learn how much of a man he is."

Science & Health Page 171:4-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...